Monday, June 9, 2008

Being a C&T Student @ IUP

I have been enrolled in IUP's Composition and TESOL program since the Summer of 2006. This is my third and final summer taking coursework. It's hard to believe that I only have three courses left to take before I am ABD!

The thing I have enjoyed most about taking courses is getting to meet teachers from across the nation and around the world. It's amazing to sit in a classroom and dialogue about topics related to my field. I have come to appreciate the range of perspectives and teaching practices I am able to learn about. I also like reading and writing about issues that impact my classroom.

The biggest challenge I face is coming up with a concrete dissertation topic that I want to spend the next year or more working on. I have so many interests that it is really hard to narrow it down to one thing.

No comments: